Have you picked your word for 2012?
When you put John’s and my word together, you got “Go Fearlessly.”
…And I’m proud to say we did, most of the time. 🙂
Though there’s nothing tangible (yet) to prove it, we accomplished a lot in 2011 when it comes to our ministry and book.
- It took a while, but we worked through our different ideas of what the ministry should look like and are now on the same page.
- We wrote the new preface, 2 new chapters and new epilogue for Breathtaking. This required me to take a few weeks off of work to pen my part (everything but the new Epilogue), but forfeiting a paycheck was well worth the focus I was able to give my writing.
- We hired a friend, who is an incredibly talented web designer and runs his own business, to create our whole new website. The site will be launched soon!
- We started meeting regularly as a ministry board and voted 2 new members in, one being my husband — probably a good idea. 😉
- We turned all the text into the publisher and have been working with them (a lot of back-and-forth) on getting that through the process. We’re finally to proofreading — this is huge. You have no idea, unless you walked through the sometimes-very-frustrating process with me before when I was trying to release the first edition. I forgot how many boxes on a check-list one has to cross off before they can become an author.
- After more revisions than I could have ever imagined or would have wanted, we almost have a cover for the new edition that we can be excited about. If you want your say to count, check out some of them on my Facebook page.
- We got all the paperwork signed in order to have an E-book for the new edition. Hurray! 🙂
- We’re planning for a Spring release (Lord-willing…pllleeease, Lord?) and excited about the future.
I hate that it still seems like we haven’t been doing anything with the book and ministry. Rest assured. We’ve been working very, very hard, and eventually, our behind-the-scenes work will pay off. Many things are just simply out of our control and we’re having to trust Him to take care of everything in His timing. This timing certainly isn’t lining up with what we had planned. We were hoping for a 2011 release, but He must have a better plan that goes along with releasing in 2012. I can’t wait to see exactly what that plan is. Pretty soon you will be able to see the fruits of our labor.
While you wait, you could always read the Preface of the new edition, if you haven’t already. 🙂