“Why do you write?”
I get that question every now-and-then.
I never really know how to respond.
There’s not just one reason why I write my blog.
In fact, there are several:
- Writing is therapeutic for me.
- Writing makes me feel alive.
- I like to get people thinking.
- I like to be challenged myself.
- Like all humans, I want to be known. I want to leave a legacy, even through my tiny little blog.
- I just love words, just ask my husband. 😉
- etc. (i.e. all the reasons I’m currently forgetting)
I’ve also been asked why I don’t just write about my day-to-day life, like many fellow bloggers.
That one’s easy.
My everyday life is rather boring. I work on my couch, people. There’s not anything thrilling to report.
OK, enough said. 🙂
As I told someone else this week…
I try to write not to please but instead just to be honest, no matter how few read it.
That, my friends, is why this blog exists. Thank you for being a part of my little community, for reading my random thoughts and understanding this blog’s not for your entertainment but instead the continual renewal of my soul.