I was perusing blogs and saw that the lovely Leslie had posted on the 25 things she’d like to accomplish while she’s 25 years old.
I just turned 25 a few weeks ago and absolutely loved this idea. I asked Leslie’s permission to “steal” her idea, was graciously granted it, and thought I’d split my “25 in 25” list into 2 parts: A) individual goals & B) goals as a wife.
25 – Part #1: Individual Goals
1. Love Jesus more & myself less
2. Live fearlessly in all areas of my life.
3. Spend more time in the Word than on Facebook — ouch. Memorize more Scripture.
4. Spend time in prayer throughout the day but also have a set, more-focused time of communion with the Father.
5. Be anticipating God’s direction and leading throughout the day, and then OBEY what He asks!
6. Pray for our neighbors and an opportunity to minister to them when it warms up.
7. Pray for God’s leading regarding my career and have more direction as to what that’s supposed to look like during this time we don’t have children.
8. Blog at least twice a week and journal at least three to five times a week. I miss my journal!
9. Run 5, if not 6, days a week (currently doing 3-4) until we can get our bikes back out. I miss my Giant!
11. Do either a class or weight training with a friend 3-5 days a week. Zumba started yesterday!
12.. Watch my caffeine and sugar intake; continue to eat as clean as possible.
13. Call – not text – people more often to catch-up. I’ve become so bad at this since I got married. My apologies. I used to live on my phone, not anymore. I need to find a balance, though.
14. Take up a new hobby. I’m not sure what, just something new and challenging.
15. Continue to look for new opportunities to minister to women, not only at my church, but also elsewhere.
16. Get back into music somehow. I miss being a part of choral groups! I miss playing the piano, too.
18. Pray about future writing endeavors and not be afraid of stepping out in faith to do them.
19. Make the most of my time; always be evaluating how to use my time more effectively.
20. Write more hand-written notes and cards. I really love doing this and want to continue!
21. Read at least 25 books. I used to be able to read 100 in a year; life got busy.
22. Have an article published, preferably for (in)courage. To do so, I have to have the courage to write something!
23. Have a closer relationship with my younger, and only, sister.
24. Knit another scarf.
25. Remember not only on my good days, but my bad ones, that God is sovereign and good. Amen.