Brave souls who read this blog,
In case you missed part 1, don’t forget to check it out!
I thought before work I’d take some time and answer Wanda’s questions. This round of answering may resemble the “fast money” round of Family Feud, but I’ll try my best to answer as thoroughly as possible!
- Are you writing a book now; if so what about? As John said in post 1, we’re currently working on updating Breathtaking. The revised edition will have a new epilogue, provided by my wonderful husband, and a few minor edits. As far as another book, we’re definitely prayerfully considering writing one. or more, together in the future.
- What are your likes and dislikes? Wow. Broad question. In a nutshell…Likes: Jesus, the Word, freedom in Christ, serving John in all ways possible, ministering to others (however that looks like at the time), reading (esp. books by dead guys, Tozer, Murray, etc.), critical thinking which leads to formulating why I think what I do, journaling, listening to Mark Driscoll sermons with John, music (I have eclectic tastes), biking, simplicity, post-it notes, driving as a form of processing, New York & Co. clothes, fresh food and good conversation, catching up with family and friend, long necklaces made with beads (much to the dismay of my husband – haha), candle-cuddle time, just to name a few. Dislikes: Nominal Christianity, the end of the weekend, working from home and not seeing people throughout my day (though I do like my job, just not the solidarity that comes with it), dusting, that we rent and can’t paint our walls, Westerns (much to the dismay of my husband & mom), men who refuse to grow up and lead, women who can’t see that shows like “The Bachelorette” are just a form of emotional porn wrapped up in a pretty package of romantic drama that ultimately doesn’t teach you about Christ-centered, sacrificial love (that was random).
- Your hobbies, interests? Reading, writing, biking, journaling, knitting scarves, singing (The past several years I haven’t put nearly as much time into it as I’d like), reading others’ blogs….
- Where do you like to vacation? John and I are simple….now-and-then we do what we call “weekend trips”, which take us to cities around Ohio like Columbus, Toledo and Cincinnati or his parents’ secluded cabin in PA. If we’re in the city, we stay a night in a reasonably priced but nice hotel (use Kayak to find one!) and then frequent the zoo, or an aquarium, something not too expensive. In the past, I traveled a lot on my own on behalf of the ministry and a bit with my family before I got married. I love AZ., the Myrtle Beach area, Virginia Coast, Pigeon Forge, TN. area, Southern CA, off the top of my head. I’ve sadly never been out of the country, and probably never will (at least not far), due to health care concerns.
- Tell us a little-known fact about yourself that readers may not know. John and I rarely call each other by our first names and haven’t since we started dating almost 2 years ago. I can count on less than 2 hands how many times John’s called me “Amber”. “Baby” is generally what we call each other.
- What are you currently reading? The Word of God & Lead Like Jesus by Ken Blanchard & Phil Hodges. I haven’t started the latter yet, but that will be this week’s read! I don’t have as much time, at least right now, to read; the whole working full-time thing really puts a damper on my free time.
- Do you grow flowers or vegetables? Yes, this year we’re growing some flowers in the front and then tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and green peppers in the back in a small area. We rent a condo, so we don’t have a lot of room nor feel the need to spend out a bunch of money on landscaping, when we’re not planning on staying long-term!
- What are your favorite flowers? Anything my husband brings home for me. : -) We have some sun flowers on our table right now; they look lovely! Thank you, Meijer, for $3.99 flower bouquets!
For our last installment of Q&A – Answers, I’ll answer Cindy’s publishing questions! Stay tuned! : -)
As always, there’s still time to ask questions.
Off to work!